In modern day life, people spend most of their workdays and leisure time sitting down. Their fingers are the only parts of their body that move. Eyestrain, stiff shoulders, lower back soreness, and a restless mind throw us off balance. Getting out of your chair and getting on your yoga mat is ideal, but maybe you only get 10 minutes break during work, maybe there’s simply no room to fit a yoga mat in your flat. You can still try this stretching sequence in your chair!
Before you start, please put your computer to sleep, take off your glasses, and make sure there’s no distractions for at least 10 minutes. The video only shows how to come into the poses, please take enough time and breathe deeply to receive the full benefits.
1. Side Stretch: This pose stretches your side body. Take 10 breaths each side.
2. Wide-legged Forward Bend: This pose opens your hips and shoulders. It also relaxes the mind. Take at least 5-10 deep breaths.
3. Chair Pigeon: This pose stretches the outer hips. Take 5-10 deep breaths each side.
4. Leg Stretch: This pose opens your hips, stretches your legs and releases tension in your lower back. Enjoy the sensation of openness of your heart. Take 5-10 deep breaths each side.
5. Eagle Arms: This poses helps you to release tension around your shoulders and neck. Bring your awareness to the sensations around your shoulder blades. Take 5-10 deep breaths each side.
6. Forward Bend: This pose is a juicy hip opener. Take 5-10 deep breaths each side.
Taking a rest for a longer journey, may these stretches help you feel more energized and lighter!